To celebrate the start of Carnival in Venice on February 23, we are hosting a VENETIAN FANTASY event for our next Sensational Saturday at WMODA.
- The focus of our festivities is the magnificent Carnival in Venice tableau, which is the largest and most complex piece of porcelain art ever produced by Lladró.
- Matteo Montagner of Balocoloc Artisans will demonstrate the art of creating authentic hand-painted Venetian masks
- Chelsea Rousso and her students will be showing off the stunning glass masks that they made at the WMODA workshop.
- Photograph all the masqueraders along with the spectacular Fired Arts at WMODA with professional artist, Lloyd Goradesky
- Enjoy glass art by the Maestros of Murano in our Art on Fire Chihuly Connection exhibit.
Come celebrate the art of having fun at our Venetian Fantasy event at WMODA.
Venetian masks and costumes are encouraged!
Sensational Saturday Schedule
11:00am MUSEUM OPENS
SHOP ALL DAY WITH OUR ARTISTS HOLIDAY MAGIC in the Chihuly Gallery and in the Museum Boutique*
11:00am MAKE YOUR OWN NECKLACE with Lori, a jewelry artist, who will assist you with making a one of a kind glass cabochon necklace. Adult supervision recommended. Quantities are limited.
11:00am DECORATE ORNAMENTS with Chelsea, Anne and Friends. Glass fused ornaments are ready for you to add a personal touch. Adult supervision recommended. Quantities are limited.
12:00pm HIGHLIGHTS TOUR OF WMODA Discover the museum with our expert docent Kimberly Sheridan.
1:00pm IT’S FANTASTIQUE! Explore the enchanted world of the fired arts with Louise Irvine, our Director & Curator, who will entertain you with supernatural tales from our new exhibit.
FANTASTIQUE VIDEO by Tom Joule screening in the Fantastique Exhibit Gallery throughout the day.
2:30pm HIGHLIGHTS TOUR OF THE MUSEUM Tour WMODA with our expert docent Kimberly Sheridan
4:00pm MUSEUM CLOSES
*All proceeds benefit WMODA educational programs